Looking for a Mountain Hardwear mineral king 3 tent review? Looking for a car camping tent that is light enough for multiday backcountry treks, yet easy enough to set up. Get ready for adventure as we bring to you a great review of this wonderful tent.
All About Mountain Hardwear
Mountain Hardwear is a popular tent brand in the USA to design tents for groups. It features bigger tents with dome designs that are usually perfect for 2-3 persons. If you think about a brand that provides users with a better physical and emotional experience, the first thing that comes to mind is Mountain Hardwear. Living bold and being different is what makes Mountain Hardwear popular.
What You Will Like Mountain Hardwear Tent?
This tent rolls back and secures halfway for stargazing during the night. It makes it perfect for a trip to the lake or somewhere with a starry night. However, during the daytime, you have the option to put the shades on to ensure that there’s no light entering.
It comes with pre-bend poles and an improved interior. The space inside is entirely livable. We love that there are five pockets for ample interior storage. The 2 full-size, dry entry vestibules with a vent at the top.
The rectangular design helps you sleep comfortably, even with your body straight. The lightweight, bathtub-style floor is also amazing. Unlike all other tents, the seam is taped for optimum waterproofing effect.
- Massive ecliptic door with zipper
- 2 main poles are connected, which paves way for easier setup
- Can withstand heavy downpours of rain
What You Don’t Like With Mountain Hardwear Tent
Like most tents, nothing is perfect. This Mountain Hardwear tent is a little bit big. Albeit it weighs only 7lbs, it becomes bulky and snags the longer you use it. We also don’t recommend it used in sandy areas. Since the top portion is made of mesh, sand grains can easily enter the tent and make your base dirty.
This tent is great for wilderness camping. And since it’s bulkier, you can use it for 30-40 days straight on rocky terrains or even near the lake, or wooden areas.
- Bulkier means that it might not be a good choice if you’re looking for something easier to carry for longer treks
- Weight must divide between 2 persons
- Can’t be packed inside a bag
Benefits Of Camping With Mountain Hardwear Mineral King 3 Tent Review
- Stress reduction – Camping is a great way to deal with stress. The natural outcome of being one with nature is a renewed you.
- Fresh air – If you need a breather, you can hike with your friends. Spend a night from home and feel yourself. Go somewhere you can think and re-plan your life.
- Relationship building – Camping with friends or with a group is a good way to increase your bonding and get to know more about each other. As everyone has it, you never know your friends until you have each other in the face of challenges. Camping is never an easy task.
- Lack of alarm clocks – Are you tired of the daily hustle-bustle of life? Well, you feel lost and tired, you can go camping. You can use this time to reflect on your past and what your plans for your future are. This time, no alarm clock will bother you at 6 am and force you to wake up to leave for work.
- Unplugging – Camping is a great chance for everyone to take a couple of days off the stresses. Get away from screens, sign off from social media, and take a breather from peer pressure. Nowadays, the wide coverage of social media has us pressuring ourselves to do better, to strive better like we compete all the time. But you don’t know that there is so much life ahead of you and away from all of this. Take some time off, reconnect with nature, and just be yourself. Discover what you have lost (confidence, resilience, or strength) and become a whole new you when you come back.
- Development of new skills – You can’t help but develop new skills while camping. Everyone on the trip will contribute and it’s a great chance to learn new things. You may learn how to set up a tent alone, memorize the different parts of the tent, or even set up a campfire. These are some survival skills that you won’t learn in a traditional school. But sooner or later, you will realize just how important it is in real life.
Is Mountain Hardwear mineral king 3 tents with footprint worth my money?
Priced at $350, the Mountain Hardwear 3-person tent is not the cheapest tent you can find in store. When it comes to 3-person tents, you will find tons of options in the store but this tent is worth the money in terms of durability. Many people have voted Mountain Hardwear to be one of the most durable tents. It’s a perfect camping tent you can use for consistent camping and can even survive for 30-40 days straight camping. Because of its bulky material, it doesn’t wear out easily.
Where Can I buy a Mineral king camping tent?
You can buy Mineral King camping tents online or in popular online shopping stores like Amazon. This way, you can simply wait for your item to arrive at your door.
What are the best tents that hang off cliffs?
Just as the name says Mountain Hardwear has the best tents that you can use for mountain climbing, aggressive hiking or trekking, or for longer duration camping in the wilderness. This brand features a sturdy and very strong tent that doesn’t easily fall or break even when set up on a rocky mountain or in a hilly location.
Is the Mineral king tent cheap?
A mineral king tent is not that cheap. But if you have the budget, then by all means you can have it. Sometimes, the price of the item can be subjective. There are tents sold for over $1000 but the construction is not strong enough to last for a month. Hence, you would rather buy a $350 tent than last for many years to come.