Looking for an honest Coleman Flatwoods 2 tent review?
Coleman is a popular supplier of camping and other outdoor products such as sleeping bags, camping clothing, and tents. One of their popular products is the simple Flatwoods 2 tents, which can accommodate 2 people. A well-manufactured tent is something that makes camping a worthwhile experience. Camping out in the wild can be dangerous, especially when the weather changes suddenly.
So, you need a dependable tent to rely on. While a Flatwoods tent from Coleman is only a temporary shelter, it saves you from the cold, dust, storm, and rain without turning your adventure into a scary experience.
All About The Coleman Flatwoods
The tent is promoted to have the best ventilation there is. The fly has vents so the air moves in and out openly with no obstacle. The dome-shaped design makes the tent simple to set up for even the newbies. Conversely, taking it down will only take less than 10 minutes. No experience is needed.
The setting up of the camp tent is outfitted with WeathertecTM framework which implies the tent has a welded floor and inserted seems that secures the interior from rainwater. There is a moment cut shaft connection plan which ensures it can endure rainy days.
A unique feature of the tent is the door design, which lets you place your mattress, sleeping bag, or whatever bedding is available. The storage pockets are well-placed inside the tents for your personal belongings. Here, you can store your phone, lighter, cigarette, earphones, or other stuff.
What You Will Like About The Coleman Flatwoods Tent
There are many things to love about the Coleman Flatwoods tent. In this section, we have detailed the features that are crucial for your camping.
- The rainfly only has half-coverage, which provides privacy and protection when the weather intensifies. The materials used in this tent are waterproof, hence you don’t have to worry about getting wet inside.
- We love the mesh ceiling panels, as they increase ventilation and allow nighttime stargazing. If you’re aiming for this moment, then this is the perfect tent to buy if you’re camping on clear grounds.
- WeatherTec system features welded floors, which is not common among other tents.
- The pole sleeves are snag-free making it very easy to attach the pole clips. Indeed, you won’t find a hard time setting it up even if you are alone. You can trust the brand in giving your comfort from start to finish.
What You May Not Like About the Coleman Flatwoods Tent
Read on to learn a few disadvantages of the Coleman Flatwoods tent and be guided during your tent shopping spree.
- It has a narrow entrance. Entrances don’t quite matter unless weight is an issue. For larger body frames, you may find it hard to enter and exit the Flatwoods tent.
- It cannot withstand heavy winds. The Coleman Flatwoods are sturdy but not strong enough to hold themselves on the ground during very strong winds.
Coleman Flatwoods Vs. SunDome
The major difference between the Coleman Flatwoods and SunDome, although they look a bit similar, is their entrances, ventilation, and color options. The Coleman SunDome has a wider entrance while the Flatwoods has a smaller one. The Flatwoods has gray and red varieties while the SunDome is green. There’s more ventilation in Flatwoods than in SunDome.
In terms of weight, Coleman Flatwoods is 11 lbs. while the latter is 7.4 lbs. However, considering that Flatwoods can accommodate 4-6 people exactly, the weight is simply justifiable. Both tents can accommodate 6 persons at a maximum since they both measure 9 x 7 feet. But if you’re thinking of camping only by 2-3 people, we suggest you choose the SunDome because of its weight.
Flatwoods is using polyester materials while the SunDome uses polyester mesh, with a 75D inner tent. The floor is also made of polyethylene.
How To Pitch A Cole Flatwoods Tent
1. Look for a good spot to mount your tent. Search for level-ground liberated from sticks or stumps. If necessary, disregard rocks, branches, pinecones, and some other removable article before setting up your tent floor. Make certain to return these items after you leave your campground. Furthermore, remember to gaze upward – guarantee that your space is liberated from dead trees or “widow producers,” the low-hanging tree limbs that are going to fall.
2. Spread out the footprint. The footprint is a ground covering that safeguards the lower part of the tent. Whenever you’ve tracked down a decent spot, lay the impression level on the ground, with the sparkly side up.
3. Spread out the body of the tent. Put the body of the tent on top of the impression, matching each edge of the body to each side of the impression. Be certain the entryways are confronting the correct bearing, considering the course of the breeze.
4. Gather the posts. Take time to insert each pole carefully into their matching poles. Some tents come with color-coded poles to avoid confusion.
5. Match the shafts to the metal ring on the tent body and the footprint. Once done, you can pull your tent altogether and cover it. Then, you now have a tent to stay on.
Coleman Sundome Vs Flatwoods II
The main difference between the Coleman SunDome and Flatwoods is their entrances. Although tents are mainly used as a temporary haven for campers, the entrance matters for individuals with bigger body structures. While the Flatwoods’ color can be appealing, take into consideration whether or not you can fit in its entrance. Nevertheless, a major advantage of tents with narrow entrances is that intruders will find it hard to get into the interior.
Coleman Sundome Vs Flatwoods II
The main difference between the Coleman SunDome and Flatwood is their entrances. Although tents are mainly used as a temporary haven for campers, the entrance matters for individuals with bigger body structures. While the Flatwood’s color can be appealing, take into consideration whether or not you can fit in its entrance. Nevertheless, a major advantage of tents with narrow entrances is that intruders will find it hard to get into the interior.
Is Coleman Flatwoods II Waterproof?
Yes. Coleman Flatwoods tents are generally waterproof, thanks to the fly cover that you can place on top of your tent. However, take note that most of its materials are made from polyester only, which means that some of the water can still escape and enter. If the wind and rain are not heavy, the Flatwood can serve you well.
How Big Is A Coleman 2 Person Tent?
The Coleman 2 Person tent is 7 x 5 fit with a floor surface of 3.34 square meters. It stands as high as 48 inches or 1.22 meters. You won’t be able to stand perfectly inside. But while crawling is necessary, the size is ideal for couples.
Is Coleman Flatwoods Worth My Money?
The answer is yes if you’re looking for a great tent sold at a great value. Albeit having a narrow entrance, it is cheaper compared with other tents. Given the proper care, this tent can last for many years.